Cavity and tooth decay is quite common in people between the ages of six to 19 years. This is due to the freezing of bacteria on the teeth, which is caused by foods. Most of the food produces acid, causing damage to the topmost layer of teeth, ie enamel. As a result, the problem of teeth starts.
How do teeth deteriorate?
Common problems in the teeth such as cavity, toothache, gingivitis, yellowing of teeth, bleeding from the gums, etc. are such problems, which can make the teeth weak if sustained. To maintain the strength of the teeth, calcium, and phosphorus should be included regularly in the food. Also, the consumption of acidic foods and cold drinks should be avoided. In fact, to avoid the problem of teeth cleaning is more important than what is necessary, it is more important to know what not to eat for good oral health. Learn about 7 such things which can be avoided by removing the problem from the teeth.
Most teenagers eat potato chips while traveling to soothe hunger. Let me tell you, these potato chips are not good for the health of teeth. They contain a significant amount of starch. Due to starch, they make good food for bacteria. These bacteria also damage your teeth and can cause your teeth to weaken and rot. Remember that whenever you eat chips, after that rinse well so that even the smallest particles of chips in the teeth are removed.
According to the CDC, tooth decay in adolescents between 14 and 17 years of age is four times more common than asthma. However, people often ignore oral health. While not taking care of teeth can cause many big problems.
Acidic food and beverages and bubbly beverages cause dental caries.
Stagnant water and milk are the best things to drink. Apart from this, sugar-free tea is also good for the teeth because it contains fluoride.
Drink fruit juice only during meals. If you want to drink fruit juices between meals, try diluting them with water.
Smoking, drinking alcohol or drugs will affect the health of my mouth
Smoking can cause stains on teeth, cause gum disease, and, more serious, can cause mouth cancer. Smoking is also the main cause of bad breath.
Alcoholic beverages also cause mouth cancer. If you smoke and drink then you are more at risk.
In addition, alcohol can also increase the risk of tooth decay and erosion. Some alcoholic beverages contain a lot of sugar, and some mixed beverages may contain acid. Therefore, if you drink them often and in large quantities, they can cause decay or dental caries.
Illegal intoxicants can lead to a variety of health problems. Drinking hemp can have the same effect as smoking tobacco. Other intoxicants can cause dry mouth and increase the risk of caries, decay, gum disease, and smelly breath. Substances may cause you to grind your teeth, which can cause headaches and other problems.
Protect your teeth while playing the game
The mouth guard will protect you against broken and damaged teeth, and even the jaw from a broken or slipped place. Whenever you play a sport that is associated with the contact or moving objects, it is necessary for you to wear a professionally manufactured mouth guard. Ask your dental team about the mouth guard. This is a small price for peace of mind.
Useful advice for teenagers
- Fluoride must be cleaned with the dental brush at night and at least once during the day and with a brush. Use a toothbrush at the end of a small to medium-sized brush with tight fibers from soft to medium levels and brush for two minutes.
- Take sweet food and beverages only at meals.
- Visit your dental team at least once a year or as many times as they call.
- Clean the middle of your teeth at least once a day with ‘interdentally’ brushes or dental threads, to remove tooth plaque and food from between your teeth.
- Use mouthwash to freshen your breath and kill bacteria.
- If you consume bubbly beverages, use a drinking tube, as this causes the beverage to recede in your mouth and reduces acid attacks on your mouth.
- Wait at least one hour after eating or drinking any acidic thing before brushing your teeth.
- Chew sugar-free gum after a meal, it helps to clear more sputum and the acids that are in your mouth after a meal.